Monday, May 14, 2007

Wiki Edit # 8: Primanti Brothers

Today, my wikipedia edits have been primarily focused on grammar because until today, I hadn't made any grammatical corrections on any of my articles. Consequently, in editing the Primanti Brothers page, I made corrections to the history section based on spelling, punctuation and wording. I actually found a spelling error, which was pretty exciting to me for some reason. They author had spelled the word "utensils" incorrectly. Here is the paragraph before my corrections:

The sandwich is said to have its origins from the city's steel days when blue collar workers needed a hot meal mid-shift but had neither the time nor the untensils. By combining the sides with the sandwich, a Pittsburgh staple was born. Of course, the restaurant offers a slightly humorous take on it, offering the explanation that the Primanti brothers simply forgot the plates and forks one day. According to the restaurant, Lou and Dick Stanley invented the sandwich during the Great Depression. They opened their hole-in-the-wall restaurant on Smallman Street in the Strip District of Pittsburgh and served the late-night and early-morning workers unloading fish, fruits and vegetables.[1] The restaurant has evolved to become a casual neighborhood restaurant with 13 Pittsburgh locations, including those found in PNC Park and Heinz Field, as well as two locations in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.[2]

To see the article after I cleverly edited it, follow this link!

No comments: