Sunday, May 20, 2007

Summary of PRIMANTI BROTHERS wiki

Throughout the course, I have edited the Primanti Brothers article on wikipedia. Once again, I would conclude that my edits have had a positive impact on the page. I would say that the most important thing I did was re-write the page in order for people to read the article more easily. The original author chose very wordy sentences that didn't make very much sense to my friends and I. There were also a few critical spelling mistakes that I was able to fix. Plus, I added fun facts about the place Primanti Brothers holds in the media. Being from the Pittsburgh area myself, I know that the sandwich is popular world wide. However, when I began editing the article I found that the page didn't really reflect its popularity. I wouldn't say that this article was my favorite to edit but it was definitely worth while. I had a great time learning about a tradition that I thought I knew everything about. Again, I would've liked it if more people were actively editing the page but it wasn't too bad at all.

1 comment:

Jleans said...

That is very impressive that you re-wrote the whole thing. That must have taken a while but worth it. What made you think of editing the Primanti Brothers in the first place?